Version 8 of QuarkCopyDesk offers these improvements over version 7:
- Modern, intuitive, redesigned interface
- Automatic software updates
- Microsoft Word .docx file format support
Article setup: Master components
Create master components (templates for article components, with a headline, subhead, body, caption, etc.), containing a width, a number of columns, and gutter measurements. Changes made to a master component are reflected in all components that are based on that master component.
Intrinsic font controls & warnings
Intrinsic fonts are distinct font styles built into font families, such as Times New Roman MT Std Bd. Simulated fonts are computer-generated variations that QuarkCopyDesk creates when there is no intrinsic font style available. QuarkCopyDesk displays warning icons to allow you to easily identify simulated fonts in order to prevent output problems.
A hanging character can be, for example, a drop cap that hangs outside of the left text margin for additional emphasis.
Enhanced drag-and-drop for text and graphics
- Drag text and graphics from the file system directly to the layout.
- Drag directly from another application.
QuarkCopyDesk offers global publishing capabilities for more than 30 languages. The new universal file format, hyphenation, and spelling capabilities of QuarkCopyDesk mean that you can be sure your team works together seamlessly, whether you're designing multi-lingual documents or repurposing a document from another part of the world — including East Asian files. QuarkCopyDesk also includes a multiple-language user interface that can be switched at will, letting team members' work in the language they choose.
New East Asian language features:
- Story direction (horizontal/vertical)
Edit/transfer license code:
- You can change the validation code of an installed copy of QuarkCopyDesk, alleviating the need to re-install.
- You can transfer your license code by checking it back into the activation server, which enables you to move your license of QuarkCopyDesk to another computer.