Research from TSAM and Quark Reveals Content Challenges Faced by Asset Management Companies
Respondents Confirm the Growing Demand for Web and Mobile Content, Acknowledge Dissatisfaction with Digital Content Capabilities, and Cite Digital Transformation Initiatives as Major Business Drivers
London - 3/15/2017 - Quark Software and TSAM announced today the results of joint research on how asset management companies approach content creation, management, publishing, and delivery. The research uncovers universal content challenges asset management companies face – from reliance on outdated technology solutions to increasing demand for Web and mobile content. The findings highlight how content teams struggle to effectively produce and provide multi-channel information to internal and external audiences.
Gavin Drake, Vice President of Marketing for Quark Software said, “The way we consume content has changed dramatically in the past decade, but the tools financial services firms use to create and manage content have changed very little. This makes it almost impossible to keep up with the demand to deliver timely and accurate multi-channel content, which is a requirement for firms that aim to stay competitive. As for a solution, Quark advocates content automation, a new approach to content that minimizes risk, improves the customer experience, and eases the burden most content teams face today.”
From creation and management to publishing and delivery, survey respondents face content challenges every day. The research conducted by TSAM and Quark among asset management teams found that:
- Asset management companies are struggling to create and maintain a wide range of data-heavy content types including fund fact sheets, product profiles, commentaries, pitch books, financial reports and more
- 83% of respondents said their customers want more Web content, more mobile content, or both
- Almost three quarters of asset management companies are dissatisfied with their digital content capabilities with more than 50% of respondents having no confidence in the consistency of their content across print, Web, and mobile channels
- The vast majority of asset management companies still rely on shared or local file systems to manage their business-critical content, speaking to the fact that 62% of respondents stated that they find it hard to manage document variations/changes needed to support country and business unit requirements
- There are a wide range of digital transformation initiatives being undertaken with the top 3 stated as being reducing reliance on paper, moving content online, and improving intranet/portal content consumption experience for employees
Gavin Drake, Vice President of Marketing for Quark Enterprise Solutions
, is presenting at TSAM London on Wednesday, March 15. Attend his session “Transforming Fund Marketing with Content Automation” to learn how asset management teams can leverage content automation to solve many content challenges. Gavin will look at fund marketing as an example, however, content automation can be applied to a wide range of content important to financial services firms, from fund fact sheets to standard operating procedures.
About Content Automation
Asset management firms and other financial institutions are adopting content automation to enhance customer experience, reduce risk, and lower costs by optimizing the omni-channel delivery of business critical content. The ultimate objective of content automation is to eliminate as many manual processes as possible in order to increase productivity, reduce costs, assure compliance, and increase the effectiveness of content. To find out more visit http://www.quark.com
or visit Quark at TSAM London
on March 15, 2017.
About TSAM London
The Summit for Asset Management (TSAM) brings attendees together with senior decision makers from the world’s most innovative and forward thinking asset managers globally. Join counterparts this March in London to learn, benchmark, and make valuable new industry connections.
About Quark Software Inc.
Quark Software Inc. develops a content automation platform that helps large organizations streamline the creation, management, publishing and delivery of business-critical content. Our solutions automate the process with reusable Smart Content components that can be dynamically assembled and delivered with precision in any format and to any channel — web, tablet, mobile, print, and more. As a result, leaders in industries such as finance, manufacturing, energy, and government can reduce costs, save time, improve consistency and make their content brilliant.
# # #
Quark and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark Software Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries.